I define the Demons of Poverty as the root causes of poverty. They include the following:
- Inadequate Education
- Progress Resistant Religion
- Dysfunctional Government
- Class Based Society
- Colonialism (Historic and Current)
- Culture of Poverty
Clearly, this is only a partial list. However, three things occurred to me as I thought about these root causes of poverty:
- If you want to reduce poverty you need to address the causes of poverty, not just the symptoms.
- The causes of wealth can not be super-imposed on a culture of poverty.
- The common denominator that links all of the Demons of Poverty is EVIL.